Nothing compares to the feel and taste of a glass of freshly made fruit juice. A good juicer can make a huge difference not only in your kitchen but also in your life. One of the best machines that we have come across is the Omega NC800 HDS. We have had great success using this particular model it is something that we always recommend to our friends. It is an easy to use and easy to clean product with many amazing features. This model is great for making juices and an assortment of other healthy drinks and snacks including vegetable smoothies, baby food, nut butters and extracting soy milk. Veggie Files best juicer reviews has this as its top ranked juice extractor for 2016 due to its high owner satisfaction and superior user experience. If you are looking for an alternative to eating a ton of fresh fruits and vegetables all day long, then getting one of these small kitchen appliances is the way to go.
The Omega NC800 has amazing features. These have helped to give it a spot among the best juicer brands on the market. The features include:
· Rotation speed of 80 rotations per minute – This is slower than most other juicer models. It is a great advantage for two main reasons. The first is that the slow rotation provides the extraction system with more time to act on the fruits, nuts or vegetables. This ensures that you get as much as the item has to offer. The second reason why the slow rotation is a great thing is because it prevents overheating. This enhances the life of the juicer.
· Uses a dual stage mechanism – This style of extraction is one of the fastest and most effective. The term masticating refers to chewing. This is exactly how the juicer works. The fruits or vegetables compressed and crushed between two serrated hard surfaces while being rotated. This is done to squeeze out all the juice from the item leaving a dry pulp. That way, you get the most out of your fruits and vegetables.
· It has a compressing auger system – This is the system that ensures that the fruit, nut or vegetable pieces are all compressed before grinding to extract juice begins. The auger is made from melamine.
· It has 6 nozzles and 2 juicing screens and a large chute – The Omega NC800 has one of the largest feeding chutes. This allows you to put in more fruit or vegetable pieces at once. The six nozzles are for releasing different types of products from the juicer. These include pasta strands, juice pulp, baby food and juice. The nozzle used depends on the nature and consistency of the product as well as the mode that was being used. The two juicing screens allow for two juicing processes to go on at the same time.
· Automatic pulp ejection – This is an amazing feature that makes cleaning a whole lot easier. After the fruit or vegetable has been pressed dry, the pulp is released from the juicer through its own nozzle.
· Does more than just juice – Omega juicing machines can do a lot more than just extract juice from fruits and veggies. The different nozzles give you the ability to make your own peanut butter (or different nut butters), preparing baby food, and even make homemade pasta.
- Some of the advantages of buying and using the Omega NC800 juicer include:
- It is easy to clean both inside and outside.
- It is easy to use.
- The machine is strong and durable.
- It has a large chute which makes it easy to use more pieces at once.
- It is silent and does not overheat.
- It is multi-purpose.
- Easy to set up and disassemble after use.
- Complete and efficient juice extraction with very dry pulp.
- Comes with a 15 year warranty.
Despite having so many great features and advantages, the Omega NC800 juicer is not perfect.
- The auger is made out of melamine. This means that if the machine is overloaded, it will cause wear and tear of the part. To help prevent this, use few food pieces at a time to avoid overworking the compressor system.
- It is difficult to juice fruits such as apples and pears. To overcome this setback, ensure that you peel the fruit and cut into smaller pieces before juicing. You can also put a little water so that you get your juice in liquid form and not paste.
The great thing is that these two cons are minor and don’t really deter from the overall quality of the NC800. The great features and numerous advantages also make it easy to overlook some of its smaller issues. This masticating juicer is no doubt a great product. So if you are in search of a new juicer or an upgrade, it is definitely worth a try. Now what makes juicing different in Charleston, and the south in general, is that we do not frown upon adding a little spike of your favorite bourbon from time to time. The winter nights can get a bit cold after all. A little moderation is always the key.